SWIM SHORT NAVY
In 2011 Sunspel was tasked by London's Barbican to recreate the iconic trunks worn by Sean Connery in Thunderball for the ‘Designing 007: Fifty years of Bond Style' exhibition at London’s Barbican. After months researching the original example and traditional swimwear Sunspel added modern design sensibility to create this Swim Short. Crafted from fast-drying performance fabric and lined with a superfine mesh these trunks are the perfect balance between technical and classic.
- 100% Polyamide
- True to size
- 4.5" Inseam
- Internal mesh lining
- Slanted front Welt pockets & rear Welt pocket pocket with YKK zipper closure
- Exterior Welt coin pocket with flap and snap closure & internal keyloop
- Internal drawstring waist
- YKK zipper fly with snap closure
- Includes drawstring storage pouch
Since its founding by Thomas Arthur Hill in 1860, Sunspel has been sourcing the finest raw materials from around the world and developing luxury fabrics that are entirely unique. A prime example of this innovation is the Warp Knit Cotton mesh used on their iconic Riviera Polo. The knowledge base used to create this fabric in the 50s came about from Sunspel's experience crafting fine lace hosiery.