A-2 USN DECK JACKET OLIVE
The US Navy's iconic Vietnam-era A-2 Deck Jacket reproduced by The Real McCoy's from dense cotton jungle cloth. This rugged jacket is what sailors manning the decks of picket destroyers and carriers operating off the coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea would have worn. It features a USN stencil at the left chest and a brass talon zipper front with a storm flap secured by authentic urea buttons. Additional details include side take in tabs at the waist and an acrylic pile liner for warmth. Hope you'll have a son as this is a piece you'll want to pass on and will only get better with age.
- Shell: 100% Cotton Jungle Cloth/ Whipcord
- Lining: 100% Acrylic Pile
- True to size (we recommend buying one size up)
- 1950s style Brass Talon zipper closure with bell shaped pull
- Jungle Cloth/ Whipcord zipper pull
- Storm flap secured by authentic Urea buttons
- Hidden wool-knit storm cuffs
- Patch pocket with flap and snap closure at the left chest
- Welt pockets at the waist
- Side adjustment tabs
- USN stencil at left chest
- Goverment issue style label at the interior neck
- Made in Japan
The Real McCoy’s was created by Mr. Hitoshi Tsujimoto, an esteemed vintage collector and dealer, as a way to recreate the classic pieces from his archive of American fashion from the 40s & 50s. Inspiration alone was not enough to produce the ultimate reproduction, it required the sensitive minds of detail-orientated craftsmen in Japan. Additionally, The Real McCoy's reproduce materials and parts using the same methods and machinery from the past. While they create the ultimate reproduction, they seek to make it even better than the original. The Real McCoy's brand is split into distinct sub brands, to give each a clear identity. The Real McCoy's refers to the Military reproductions from the US Navy, Army and Airforce. Joe McCoy includes American sportswear, denim and workwear.