STEINBECK SPORTS JACKET BLACK
This Steinbeck is based on an original model from the 30s and its classic silhouette is just as relevant today as it was during the Great Depression. It's crafted from hand selected horsehide that's been vegetable-tanned by the most skilled leather craftsmen in Japan. True vegetable-tanning is an old-world process that is time consuming and costly but results in a finished product that will develop a gorgeous patina as it's broken in. Period authentic details include a vintage style fan shaped Talon zipper with grommet stop-box, "Ball Chain" style zipper at the chest, hammered side adjustment tabs and etched urea buttons at the cuffs. Look no further as this jacket is truly a work of art.
- Shell: 100% Hand selected Pit Vegetable-Tanned Horsehide
- Lining: 100% Cotton
- Slim Fit (we recommend buying one size up)
- 30s style Nickel plated Brass Talon zipper closure with fan shaped pull and grommet stop-box
- Vegetable-tanned Horsehide zipper pull
- Welt pocket with 30s style Nickel plated McCoy zipper closure & "Ball Chain" pull at left chest
- Welt pockets at the waist
- Underarm ventilation grommets
- Corduroy lined cuffs
- Vintage style engraved Urea buttons at cuffs
- Nickel plated side adjustment tabs with hammered design
- Authentic style Joe McCoy & Horsehide label at the interior neck
- Made in Japan
The Real McCoy’s was created by Mr. Hitoshi Tsujimoto, an esteemed vintage collector and dealer, as a way to recreate the classic pieces from his archive of American fashion from the 40s & 50s. Inspiration alone was not enough to produce the ultimate reproduction, it required the sensitive minds of detail-orientated craftsmen in Japan. Additionally, The Real McCoy's reproduce materials and parts using the same methods and machinery from the past. While they create the ultimate reproduction, they seek to make it even better than the original. The Real McCoy's brand is split into distinct sub brands, to give each a clear identity. The Real McCoy's refers to the Military reproductions from the US Navy, Army and Airforce. Joe McCoy includes American sportswear, denim and workwear.