STYLE 37J1B A. ZIELINSKI CO. FLIGHT JACKET KHAKI
The 37J1B was produced pre WWII between 1936 to 1939 as a summer flight jacket for Navy pilots. As an original is rare as hen's teeth, The Real McCoy's collaborated with American collectors to accurately recreate this unique jacket. It's made up in durable cotton whipcord and features inverted pleat patch pockets at the waist. Additional details include a Talon zipper closure, wool-knit collar & cuffs and correct BUAER style contractor label at the inside neck. Truly a unique jacket given its pedigree and construction.
- Shell: 100% Cotton Jungle Cloth/ Whipcord
- Lining: High-thread count Cotton
- Slim Fit
- 30s style Nickel plated Brass Talon zipper closure with bell shaped pull and grommet stop-box
- Riveted Jungle Cloth/ Whipcord zipper pull
- Wool-knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Inverted pleat Patch pockets with flap and Urea button closure at the waist
- Underarm ventilation grommets
- Leather Locker Loop at interior neck
- Authentic BUAER style contractor label at interior neck
- Made in Japan
The Real McCoy’s was created by Mr. Hitoshi Tsujimoto, an esteemed vintage collector and dealer, as a way to recreate the classic pieces from his archive of American fashion from the 40s & 50s. Inspiration alone was not enough to produce the ultimate reproduction, it required the sensitive minds of detail-orientated craftsmen in Japan. Additionally, The Real McCoy's reproduce materials and parts using the same methods and machinery from the past. While they create the ultimate reproduction, they seek to make it even better than the original. The Real McCoy's brand is split into distinct sub brands, to give each a clear identity. The Real McCoy's refers to the Military reproductions from the US Navy, Army and Airforce. Joe McCoy includes American sportswear, denim and workwear.