TYPE A-2 FLIGHT JACKET SEAL BROWN
Here, The Real McCoy's has recreated the classic WWII-era A-2 flight/bomber jacket with a meticulousness only capable by the famed Japanese firm. Primarily issued to AAF pilots, navigators and bombardiers upon completion of training, this jacket was eventually offered to enlisted aircrews as well. It's crafted from hand selected horsehide that's been vegetable-tanned by the most skilled leather craftsmen in Japan. True pit tanning is an art form that results in a finished product that will develop a gorgeous patina as it's broken in. It features the correct snap down collar, stitched down epaulettes, waist pockets with snap closure and underarm ventilation grommets. If you've ever imagined you piloted of P-51, B-17 or B-24 you need this jacket in your life.
- Shell: 100% Hand selected Pit Vegetable-Tanned Horsehide
- Lining: 100% Cotton
- Slim Fit (we recommend buying one size up)
- Snap down collar
- Hook & Eye closure at neck
- 40s style Nickel plated Brass Talon zipper closure with bell shaped pull
- Pit Vegetable-tanned Horsehide zipper pull
- Wool-knit cuffs and waistband
- Patch pockets with dog ear style flap and snap closure at the waist
- Underarm ventilation grommets
- Pit Vegetable-tanned Horsehide Locker Loop at interior neck
- Authentic government style contractor label at the interior neck
- Made in Japan
The Real McCoy’s was created by Mr. Hitoshi Tsujimoto, an esteemed vintage collector and dealer, as a way to recreate the classic pieces from his archive of American fashion from the 40s & 50s. Inspiration alone was not enough to produce the ultimate reproduction, it required the sensitive minds of detail-orientated craftsmen in Japan. Additionally, The Real McCoy's reproduce materials and parts using the same methods and machinery from the past. While they create the ultimate reproduction, they seek to make it even better than the original. The Real McCoy's brand is split into distinct sub brands, to give each a clear identity. The Real McCoy's refers to the Military reproductions from the US Navy, Army and Airforce. Joe McCoy includes American sportswear, denim and workwear.