TYPE L-2B FLIGHT JACKET SAGE
The Real McCoy's is world renown for producing the most authentic flight jackets and this L-2B is no exception. Introduced in 1952 as a replacement to the short-lived L-2A, this B model is made up in the early silver-grey sage green colorway and features the correct champagne color rayon blend liner. Additional details include snap down epaulettes at the shoulder and an oxygen mask tab crafted from heavy-duty nylon webbing with red ticking.
- Shell: 100% Water repellent "Nylon 66" Heavy Twill
- Lining: 70% Rayon 30% Wool
- Slim Fit
- 50s style Talon zipper front with bell shaped pull
- Leather zipper pulls throughout
- Wool-knit collar, cuffs and waistband
- Slanted welt pockets with snap and flap closure at the waist
- Utility/pen pocket with 50s style Talon zipper with bell shaped pull at left sleeve
- Nylon webbing oxygen mask tab at the left chest
- Epaulettes with snap closure at the shoulder
- "Nylon 66" Heavy Twill locker loop at interior neck
- Authentic government style contractor label at the interior neck
- Made in Japan
The Real McCoy’s was created by Mr. Hitoshi Tsujimoto, an esteemed vintage collector and dealer, as a way to recreate the classic pieces from his archive of American fashion from the 40s & 50s. Inspiration alone was not enough to produce the ultimate reproduction, it required the sensitive minds of detail-orientated craftsmen in Japan. Additionally, The Real McCoy's reproduce materials and parts using the same methods and machinery from the past. While they create the ultimate reproduction, they seek to make it even better than the original. The Real McCoy's brand is split into distinct sub brands, to give each a clear identity. The Real McCoy's refers to the Military reproductions from the US Navy, Army and Airforce. Joe McCoy includes American sportswear, denim and workwear.