1954 501 JEANS RIGID
The 1954 501 was created by Levi Strauss & Co. with the intention of penetrating an East Coast market where many had already been introduced to the jean on road trips out West and visits to dude ranches. Replacing the button fly with a brass zipper and trimming the leg opening created a style that came to be known as the 501Z (Z for zipper).
- 100% unwashed Japanese Red Selvedge Cotton Denim
- Mid-Rise Slim Fit
- Classic five pocket construction
- Leather 'Two Horse' patch at right rear waist
- "Big E" red tab at right rear pocket
- Signature twin needle arcuate stitching at rear pockets
- Brass Talon zipper fly with button closure
- Made in Japan
Levi's introduced Levi’s Vintage Clothing to keep the history of Levi's denim alive. Since 1999, the famous historical originals from the Levi's archives in San Francisco, dating back to 1880, are faithfully reincarnated in this limited edition range. Their inspiration is the hardworking man that the Levi’s Brand has equipped for the last 140 years.